Due to recent customer growth throughout the Wangaratta region, we are seeking applications for Entry level or Experienced Disability Support Workers to join the Kirinari Team. This position will be for an immediate start
Kirinari is a dynamic, expanding provider that delivers high quality services in NSW and Victoria. Our business is growing at a rapid rate providing services to National Disability Insurance Scheme customers. We employ over 700 staff and provide a fun and proactive team environment with significant job satisfaction.
About the Position
Our DSW's are responsible for the day to day support of our customers, this ranges from support within our shared accommodation, domestic and personal assistance services as well as accessing the community. This position is working in our supported independent living accommodation (SIL/Group Homes).
Our employees enjoy working within a friendly and supportive workplace environment where your own hobbies and interests can be woven into the supports provided to our customers.
This position is open to applicants who are new to the industry or have experience across a range of support services including challenging behaviours and or high physical needs. We have both Casual and Permanent Part-Time positions available.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, regular sleepovers, weekends and public and/or school holidays with significant availability
- Resilience, self-confidence and willingness to engage clients with various backgrounds and needs
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with clients to actively support individual needs
- Ability to pass a National Criminal History Check
- NSW Working With Children Check before commencement
- Current Driver's License
- Basic IT skills
- Smart Phone
What’s on offer?
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Opportunity to increase income through extra hours, overnight shifts and weekend work
- Salary packaging available (FT and PT employees)
- Annual Leave up to 5 weeks with Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Learning and development opportunities
- Induction and orientation program
- Rewarding career pathways with opportunities for further growth
- Flexible work-life balance
Come join us!
To join our vibrant teams please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your availability, suitability for the position and relevant qualifications.
For more information, please contact the Recruitment Coordinator on 02 6056 2111 or [email protected].
Applications close 5pm, Friday 20th November 2020. Due to the high volume of applications, the recruitment process will commence before the closing date.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
No agencies or third party applications please.
At Kirinari we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and promote diversity. We encourage people of all ages and abilities including those with lived experience or knowledge of disability to consider a career with us, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.