Due to recent customer growth throughout the Katoomba, Wentworth Falls and Blackheath regions of the Blue Mountains Region, we are seeking applications for Disability Support Workers to join the Kirinari Team. This position will be for an immediate start
We have several Part-time Permanent positions on offer, ranging from 20-40 hrs and 40-70hrs per fortnight.
Kirinari is a dynamic, expanding provider that delivers high quality services in NSW and Victoria. Our business is growing at a rapid rate providing services to National Disability Insurance Scheme customers. We employ over 1000 staff and provide a fun and proactive team environment with significant job satisfaction.
About the Position
Our DSW's are responsible for the day to day support of our customers, this ranges from support within our shared accommodation, domestic and personal assistance services as well as accessing the community. This position is working in our supported independent living accommodation (SIL/Group Homes).
Our employees enjoy working within a friendly and supportive workplace environment where your own hobbies and interests can be woven into the supports provided to our customers.
This position is open to applicants who have experience across a range of support services including challenging behaviours and or high physical needs.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, regular sleepovers, weekends and public and/or school holidays with significant availability
- Resilience, self-confidence and willingness to engage clients with various backgrounds and needs
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with clients to actively support individual needs
- Ability to obtain the NDIS Workers Screen Check prior to commencement
- Current Driver's License
- Basic IT skills
- Smart Phone
Kirinari is obligated to abide by all mandates issued by our funding bodies.
NSW Health has now mandated vaccination for workers providing disability supports in person, across NSW. Workers are required:
- to have received 1 does of a COVID-19 vaccine by 9am on Monday 25 October 2021
- to have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine by 9am on Monday 29 November 2021
- have a medical contraindication certificate from a medical practitioner
To be eligible to apply, you must provide evidence of your COVID vaccination status. Failure to do so will result in your application not proceeding.
Whilst we respect the rights of all applicants to make an informed choice regarding vaccination, we ask that you fully consider the mandatory requirements of this position before applying.
What’s on offer?
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Opportunity to increase income through extra hours, overnight shifts and weekend work
- Salary packaging available (FT and PT employees)
- Annual Leave up to 5 weeks with Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Learning and development opportunities
- Induction and orientation program
- Rewarding career pathways with opportunities for further growth
- Flexible work-life balance
Come join us!
As a Support Worker with Kirinari you will become a valued part of a dedicated and passionate team, who believe in providing outstanding service to clients in need. If you enjoy working in a supportive team environment, passionate about improving the wellbeing of customers and want to make a positive difference in people's lives, please apply today!
To join our vibrant teams please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your availability, suitability for the position and relevant qualifications.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 12 November 2021. Due to the high volume of applications, the recruitment process will commence before the closing date.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.