Kirinari is a highly reputable and respected disability support service providing essential care and high-quality support to enrich the lives of our customers. Kirinari employ over 1000 staff in various regions across VIC and NSW. Our core values guide our strong service delivery to enact positive change and choice in the lives of the clients we support.
About the Position
An exciting opportunity has risen to build a motivated team of Disability Support Workers to commence in the Kempsey region on a part-time or casual basis.
You will be supporting our customer: 33 year old Aboriginal man who is excited about returning to Dunghutti country and reconnecting with his support network in the community. Our customer is very active and enjoys bike riding, basketball, going to the park as well as books, music, indigenous events and dancing!
We provide quality 24/7 care in our supported independent living accommodation settings (SIL/Group Homes) ensuring a safe and nurturing environment for our customers. You will be providing direct support across a range of customer needs including, domestic and personal care assistance as well as assisting our customers to access and have a positive connection to the community.
We encourage experienced and entry level applicants to apply as we provide hands-on training and will support you to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support at $0 cost!
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Available for shift work, regular sleepovers/active nights, weekends and public/school holidays
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships
- Ability to obtain the NDIS Workers Screen Check prior to commencement
- Received or willing to receive three doses of the COVID vaccination before commencement or hold a medical contraindication certificate from a medical practitioner
- Smart Phone
- Current Driver's License and reliable transport
What’s on Offer?
- A rewarding career with ability to give back to our community in a growing service sector
- Hands-on buddy shifts and induction training
- Opportunities to upskill, develop and progress within the organisation
- A dedicated leadership team to assist, guide and encourage you as a support worker
- Opportunity to increase income through extra hours, overnight shifts and weekend work
- Access to generous salary packaging (FT/PT up to $18,550 pa)
- Annual Leave up to 5 weeks with annual leave loading of 17.5%
- Strong focus on employee health and wellbeing with assistance programs available
Come Join Us!
To join our vibrant teams please submit your resume via the link or email [email protected]
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Stocks on 02 6056 2111 or [email protected]
Applications close Friday 1st July 2022 at 5.00pm
Due to the high volume of applications, the interview process may commence before the closing date.