Due to recent customer growth throughout the Mid North Coast region, Coffs Harbour, we are seeking applications for Entry level or Experienced Disability Support Workers to join the Kirinari Team. This position will be for an immediate start.
Kirinari is a dynamic, expanding provider that delivers high quality services in NSW and Victoria. Our business is growing at a rapid rate providing services to National Disability Insurance Scheme customers. We employ over 1000 staff and provide a fun and proactive team environment with significant job satisfaction.
About the Position
Our Disability Support Worker's will work in our supported independent living accommodation (SIL/Group Homes). Our DSW's are responsible for the day to day support of our customers, this ranges from support within our shared accommodation, domestic and personal assistance services as well as accessing the community.
Our employees enjoy working within a friendly and supportive workplace environment where your own hobbies and interests can be woven into the supports provided to our customers.
This position is open to applicants who are new to the industry or have experience across a range of support services including challenging behaviours and or high physical needs.
There are multiple casual and part-time positions available.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, regular sleepovers, weekends and public and/or school holidays with significant availability
- Resilience, self-confidence and willingness to engage clients with various backgrounds and needs
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with clients to actively support individual needs
- Ability to obtain the NDIS Workers Screen Check prior to commencement (includes a criminal history check)
- Current Driver's License
- Basic IT skills
- Smart Phone
A mandatory requirement of this position is that all staff working in this position must have received their first Covid vaccination by 25th October 2021 and second by 29th November 2021 or hold a medical contraindication certificate from a medical practitioner as per the NSW public health order.
To be eligible to apply, you must provide evidence of your covid vaccination status. Failure to do so will result in your application not proceeding.
Whilst we respect the rights of all applicants to make an informed choice regarding vaccination, we ask that you fully consider the mandatory requirements of this position before applying.
What’s on offer?
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Opportunity to increase income through extra hours, overnight shifts and weekend work
- Salary packaging available (FT and PT employees)
- Annual Leave up to 5 weeks with Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Learning and development opportunities
- Induction and orientation program
- Rewarding career pathways with opportunities for further growth
- Flexible work-life balance
Come join us!
To join our vibrant teams please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your availability, suitability for the position and relevant qualifications.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 29th October 2021. Due to the high volume of applications, the recruitment process will commence before the closing date.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.